How to shop like a boss without having to consume all your money to apparel. Is it possible to buy expensive goods such as dior parfumes with low budget?
I wanted today to share some tips and tricks how to be able to have a nice style without having to put all your money to clothing and beauty products nor having to store loads of clothes in your closet that you do not need. As a person who used to shop a lot of stuff I really didn’t need, I learned a lot during those years about shopping & I thought maybe I could share some tricks and tips with you. Clothing, make-up and style in general have always been a big part of my life, and it came especially important in my pageant career. It is so important for me to only wear clothes, parfumes and accessory that I feel very confident in. And I think that is what clothes should do to you. Make you feel empowered.
- So first and foremost you need to find your own style. In my opinion it is the most difficult thing, especially when you are living your teenage years because your body and taste changes. So you do buy a lot of stuff that you do not need, and I think that is a point you just can not avoid. But once you find out what fits with your own bodyshape and you feel comfortable in, everything gets so much easier. I know many women magazines like to put different body types to different categories to help you find suitable options for you, but honestly I think in the end it comes to the bottom of what you really like, and where you feel comfortable at.
- Only buy clothes you feel comfortable in. That’s simple. Even though, you find high heels that are perfect to your taste, they won’t make you happy in a long run, as they are staying only in your closet. So do not buy anything only because of the looks, because you do not use them.
- Buy only clothes YOU REALLY LIKE. the thing is, if you buy something that you are not sure about, you are less likely to wear it. And then again, you have additional clothes in your closet that you do not need. They take space from your storage as well as your mind.
- Go to shopping by knowing exactly what you want. Do not go shopping just for the sake of shopping.
- Depending on the good evaluate the price-and-quality ratio. In my opinion if you want to have good and cheap product you have to buy two of them; the cheap one and the quality one. However, sometimes for example basic tops can be purchased in stores which do not sell them by really high price. And if you really want something, buy it even though it is expensive. If it is something you really like, it will make you happy. So do not be satisfied with the complimentary product.
- Buying things from men’s side. If you had heard about the pink tax you are familiar with the issue that sometimes products such as shavers cost more in women’s side than in men’s side. So choose wisely!
- Go to your men’s closet. Last time I found there a Gucci belt. Soooooooo 😀
- Buy some basic things that are sustainable and that you like and then put together different styles with them.
- Donate, sell or throw away every six month all of the unneccessary stuff you have in your closet. If you do not wear them now, you won’t like them in the future either.
- Visit in your mom’s closet. Especially in our age, we have still chance to find awesome fashion pieces that are really well (and maybe handmade) in our mom’s and grandma’s closet.
I have really minimal closet right now in my opinion it is well enough. When I was in and between two apartments I lived for a short amount of time only a luggage with me. I did missed my own space, but I didn’t miss my clothes.
So all, in all. I think clothes should make you happy and empowered. They should make you feel more like best version of yourself and support your confidence. So when you consume- think twice do you really need it, or is it just for the moment of craving or filling some kind of void inside.